Tonga – World’s Oldest Active Civilization .The founders of the Tongan Civilization (Tangaloa & Maui) first arrived in Tonga from Vaihi (The Ancient Polynesian name for the Americas) approximately around 1000 BC. The people from Vaihi brought to the Pacific a civilization that was unlike any other civilization at that time in the Pacific. The founders named every uninhabited island in the Pacific, beginning with Tonga. In Tonga they continued the practice they brought from the Americas, i.e. a system of Kings that included Kings, Nobles, and Commoners.
The first King of the Tongan Empire was Momo from the Tangaloa Clan when the people from Vaihi arrived in Tonga. This unique civilization created mounds as
These early navigators, astronomers, and civilization builders eventually, over time established the Tu’i Tonga Empire (Tongan Empire) that is recognized throughout the South Pacific. In 1020 AD the 23rd Tu’i Tonga Momo I (also known as
The Polopolo and ‘Inasi were important religious rituals of the Tu’i Tonga Empire. The Polopolo tribute was offered at the beginning of the warm season and the ‘Inasi tribute was offered at the beginning of the cool season.
The wide spread Tu’i Tonga Empire began to fragment in
The Tangaloa clan governed Tonga until the formation of the Tu’i Tonga by the Tangaloa as the new ruling authority of the Empire.
Founders of the Tongan Empire & Civilization, Maui and Tangaloa 1000 B.C. to 450 A.D.
Tu’i Tonga Lineage from 450 A.D to 2019 A.D.
1 . ‘Aho’eitu 28. Talakaifaiki II
2. Lolofakangalo 29. Tapu’osi II
3. Fanga’one’one 30. Fatafehi I
4. Lihau 31. Havea I
5. Kofutu 32.Tatafu’eikimeimu’a
6. Ma’uhau 33.Talakaifaiki III /Lomi’aetupu’a II
7. Kaloa 34. Talafapite
8. Kaliu 35. Ma’akatoa
9. Lingolingoa 36. Kau’ulufonua II
10. Kilukilua 37. Tapu’osi III/Havea II
11. ‘Apuanea 38.Takalaua
12. ’Afulunga 39.Kau’ulufonua III/Fekai
13. Momo I 40.Ha’avakafuhu 111
14. Lomi’aetupu’a 41.Puipuikifatu II/Momo III
15. Ha’avakafuhu I 42.Kau’ulufonua IV
16. ‘Ilepo 43.Tapu’osi IV
17. Puipuikifatu 44.Tele’a I/’Uluakimata I
18. Puipui 45.Fatafehi II
19. Kau’ulufonua I 46.Kau’ulufonua V
2o. Tapu’osi I 47.Tele’a 11/’Uluakimata II
21. Talakaifaiki I 48.Tu’ipulotu’ilangitu’ofefafa
22. Ha’avakafuhu II 49.Fakana’ana’a
23. Momo II/ Talafata 5o.Tu’ipulotu’ilangitu’oteau
24. Tafeta/ Tu’i Tatui 51.Paulahau/Pau
25. Talatama 52.Ma’ulupekotofa
26. Niutamatou 53.Fatafehifuanunuiava
27. Talaiha’apepe 54.Laufilitonga.
Morden Kings of Tonga Who are Descendant of the Tu’i Tonga
55.Tupou I 56.Tupou II
57.Tupou III 58.Tupou IV
59. Tupou V 60. Tupou VI – Current King of Tonga
Tonga – World’s Oldest Active Civilization